Fish & Tomato Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- 100gr raw fresh white fish cut into small pieces
- 1 cup of fish stock
- ¼ of a small onion (for flavour and not part of the vegetable quota); alternatively you can use a little onion salt
- up to a ¼ teaspoon very very finely minced garlic to your taste
- canned tomatoes (this is all or part of your vegetable quota - ensure the can contains only tomatoes)
- [or you can use fresh tomatoes - chopped]
- Himalayan salt to your taste
- garnishing herbs of your choice (eg parsley, coriander)
- Sauté in a little water [the fresh tomatoes if used], the onion, garlic and fish until the fish is definitely cooked through.
- Add the stock and allow all to simmer for about 10 minutes then blend with a “bamix” style appliance and serve garnished with your chosen herb/s.
- By using a “bamix” style appliance, the soup can be blended whilst in the sauce pan. Pouring the soup into a blender when hot can result in expansion and a mess so be careful, please.
- This soup is even tastier if a squeeze of lemon is dripped over the top along with the garnishing herb/s.