Recipe type: Seafood
- 100g white fish
- 1 grissini stick
- 1 tablespoon of milk (if available from your quota)
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- tomatoes (vegetable quota) most cut into wedges with a small amount with which to make a tomato relish if desired
- fresh basil or parsley to flavour the tomato wedges
- pepper and salt
- Bragg All Purpose Seasoning if making the tomato sauce relish
- ½ a lemon, for the juice and decoration
- Crumble the grissini into small crumbs. Mix them with the turmeric, pepper and salt. Roll the fish in the milk then coat it in the crumbs and either grill (turning when one side is cooked) or bake in a hot oven.
- The tomato relish can be made while fish is cooking: blend a small amount of your tomato quota adding some Bragg’s and lemon juice, black pepper.
- Your Crumbed Fish can be very versatile and can be served with a variety of substitute vegetables, such as: coleslaw, asparagus, steamed/stir “fried” spinach or silver beet (can be pureed), celery, fennel, baked onions.......