Apple & Chicken Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 100g raw chicken breast (this will need to be cooked - steamed/grilled/roasted then finely sliced)
- 1 large apple, diced
- torn crisp lettuce leaves*
- juice from a ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon xylitol
- chopped fresh mint leaves**
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the xylitol until the taste suits you. Add in the diced apple and mint then gently stir.
- Lay out the lettuce on one side of a plate then spoon the above apple mixture on top.
- Arrange the sliced chicken breast on the other side of plate, add salt and pepper to taste.
- *Substitute with celery or fennel for a different meal altogether
- **For an entirely different flavour, substitute the min leaves for a ¼ teaspoons cinnamon powder....add this to the lemon juice and xylitol before adding in the diced apple.