Recipe type: Chicken
This dish can be made at double or triple the quantities with separate meals being refrigerated for a couple of days for convenience.
- 100g raw chicken breast cut through the slab once horizontally
- cup of stock (chicken or vegetable, or water with a little Bragg All Purpose Seasoning, pepper, teaspoon tomato paste (check label and avoid any paste that is not pure tomato)
- 1-2 onions (vegetable quota) thinly sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic sliced or minced
- Juice of half an orange* (leave the remainder for yourself to eat)
- ½ an orange sliced
- 2-3 sprigs of tarragon if available
- Coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven 200°c
- Pour stock (or equivalent) into a baking dish, lay out half of the onion slices, some of the sliced orange, lay out the (2) pieces chicken breast. Smear the garlic over the meat. Lay over the remaining onion and orange slices. Grind the pepper over the top and salt to taste and springs of tarragon. Bake for approx 30 minutes or until browned.