Grilled/Baked Chicken patties & "Whatever!"
Recipe type: Chicken
- 100g raw chicken breast - minced finely
- 1 teaspoon of milk (no more than the 24 hr quota of one tablespoon)
- 1 grissini stick
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (can substitute for a pinch of cayenne - much hotter)
- pepper and salt
- parsley sprig to garnish
- Crush the grissini into breadcrumbs adding a little salt and pepper and the paprika/cayenne - or both!
- Divide the minced chicken into approx 3-4 balls. Using the milk to coat the chicken balls, roll them into he grissini breadcrumbs flattening them a little in to a patty. Cook by either placing under a grill or in the oven - either will give an attractive toasty colour.
- These patties are SO VERSATILE because you can SUBSTITUTE the chicken for one of the other allowed meats (veal or beef), or white fish...
- these patties can be served with a SALAD* or VEGETABLE* or COLESLAW* depending on what you have in your home.
- *check with your food list that you choose an appropriate accompaniment.