Baked Chicken Schnitzel & Tomato
Recipe type: Chicken
- 100g raw chicken breast *pounded a little to flatten and spread
- ½ - 1 grissini stick crushed into crumbs
- 1-2 tomatoes (vegetable quota)
- lemon juice
- onion salt
- Bragg All Purpose Seasoning
- pepper and salt to taste
- chopped fresh basil (can substitute with fresh parsley or mint for quite a different flavour)
- parsley sprig to garnish
- Take half a tomato and mash it with the garlic and squeeze of lemon juice and splash of Bragg’s. This is a tasty topping for the chicken breast.
- Crush the grissini into breadcrumbs, add some onion salt and pepper. Coat the chicken breast then grill or bake. When the last side is ready, spoon over the tomato/garlic mash and heat enough to warm it.
- Meanwhile, chop the remaining tomato and stir through the chosen herb/s (can add a squeeze of lemon here or all over the dinner when served.)
- Serve side by side on your plate, garnish with a twist of lemon and parsley and you would never know you “were on a diet”
- Try substituting the chicken for beef, or veal or fish.
- the tomato can be pureed as in the photo, with some remaining tomato left as chunks