Steak & Onions
Recipe type: Beef
- 100g raw steak finely sliced (if semi frozen these slices are easier to cut very finely)
- 1-2 onions* (vegetable quota) sliced
- minced garlic
- Bragg All Purpose Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Hot English Mustard (or you choice - check label avoiding sugar)
- Stir “fry” the onions in a frypan with a dash of water and Bragg’s to prevent sticking. When almost tender, add the minced garlic, mustard and the sliced steak, stirring well on a low heat (the finely sliced meat will not take long to cook).
- Reduce heat and cover (or remove heat altogether if you are using a heavy pan that holds the heat. This method will greatly increase the flavour or your meal, prevent or remove sticking foods making the cleaning of any pan simple (we prefer not to use non-stick pans as the teflon eventually disappears - where? Most probably into your food and you! Check consistency and flavour adding more Bragg’s if you wish.
- Serve adding salt and pepper.
- This is a 5 minute meal
- *if you already have a couple of onions that you have previous
- roasted to increase the flavour, use them.