Recipe type: Beef
- 100g raw steak minced
- tomatoes (vegetable quota) chopped leaving 3-4 wedges
- shiratake noodles (eg: Miracle Noodles)
- chopped fresh basil and/or parsley
- 1-2 cloves garlic or equivalent minced garlic
- squeeze of lemon juice
- optional: on teaspoon tomato paste (check label to ensure it is 100% tomato or close to it with no unwanted additives)
- salt and pepper
- Meatballs: mix the raw mince with some garlic then fashion into
- small balls 4-6 depending on the size you prefer.
- Shiratake noodles (eg Miracle Noodles)...prepare the noodles as per packet instructions rinsing very very very thoroughly, then dropping into boiling water for one minute. Drain and shake thoroughly to remove all water.
- If the meatballs need re-heating, do so for a few minutes in the steam from the water you are using to blanch the noodles.
- Tomato sauce: in a saucepan cook the diced tomatoes, chopped basil and garlic (and tomato paste if used), salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lemon until all ingredients are broken down and look “saucy”. The mixture can be blended to remove and remaining chunks if you wish.
- Place noodles into a bowl, meatballs on top, then pour your home-made spaghetti sauce over the top. Decorate with a spring of parsley (edible) or basil arranging the 3-4 tomato wedges to one side. A twist of lemon under the decorating herb is suggested to for those with artistic leanings.
- A GREAT IDEA
- A batch of Meatballs can be made then frozen into meal quotas. A batch of Tomato Sauce can be made and frozen into approx quotas (the vegetables have a bit more flexibility with their quantity. The Spaghetti Meatballs meal can be very very quick choice providing you keep some noodles handy.