1 medium head (about 24 oz) cauliflower, rinsed
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 egg whites
1 large egg
pinch of salt
1/2 small onion, diced fine
1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 scallions, diced, whites and greens separated
3 tbsp soy sauce, or more to taste
1) Remove the core and let the cauliflower dry completely.
Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
2) Combine egg and egg whites in a small bowl and beat with a fork. Season with salt.
3) Heat a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil.
4) Add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
5) Add the sesame oil and sauté onions, scallion whites, peas and carrots and garlic about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Raise the heat to medium-high.
6) Add the cauliflower “rice” to the sauté pan along with soy sauce. Mix, cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
7) Add the egg then remove from heat and mix in scallion greens.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving:
Freestyle Points: 1
Points +: 3
Calories: 108 calories
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: g